Sunday, January 20, 2008

Adios Chiquito. Hola Panchito!


I would like to inform the Chiquito fans that I decided to return Chiquito to his breeder. The doctor said there is no certainty he will recover from the parasite. Anyway, the breeder was good enough to replace the puppy. And so from the original black and white Chiquito, I now have a brown and choco chihuahua (chi for short). Mi perro se llama Panchito. Panchito es mas bonito y mas listo que Chiquito. Panchito tiene dos meses y tambien tiene una hermana, se llama Chestnut. Chestnut es la segunda hija de Ariel.

Oops, I got carried away. Chihuahuas, for those who do not know yet, originate from the state of Chihuahua, Mexico (por eso, hablo espanol), where it was discovered in 1850. Up until now, it is considered the smallest breed of dog. Chi's are classified as toy dogs. Generally they are described as courageous, extremely lively, proud, enterprising, bold, saucy, strong-willed, intensely loyal, jealous, suspicious and dog-aggressive. They are considered very safe, but not for little children. According to one internet article, they are good companions for grandparents, for the oldies who are left behind at home with nothing to do. After reading that, I began to wonder why I chose a chi for a pet dog. I'm not that old yet.

I think I was 9 when I last had a pet dog. His name was Ringo. Ringo was an askal. Askals are the cheapest breed of dogs. Hehehe. Anyway, I hope Panchito will stay free from any parasite or virus. Otherwise, I will have to start filling up my aquariums once again.

1 comment:

alfonso ereve said...

Father, as you bid farewell to Chiquito and welcome Panchito as your new "un perro nuevo!" dog. Let me tell you of my son Ponchie's puppy, Max before. He used to be our special pet inside our house whenever Max visited us. He roamed around the sala openly like a bull. He was a Pit Bull and well pampered by everybody in my family. Enchot, our Cat and Lucy with her son Totoy, our Askal dogs were jealous of Max that they groused and protested whenever Max was around. Totoy who was the most unrestrained of the three would whinge at Ponchie at the sight of Max. At that time, Ponchie was still childless and the attention and care was purely paternal for Max but all of a sudden, things turned soury as Ponchie returned Max to his breeder, Ariel. Max who had to be fed, cleaned, visit the vet, walked, etc., but who whould do all these tasks when Ponchie was busy with his job? He even asked us to care for Max but guess who objected the idea? It was our three pets. Until now even if Max is long gone, I could still feel the displeasure of my three pets specially Totoy, who is still angry with my son. He growled openly at the sight of Ponchie. We love our pets so much! Bow! Wow!

Yours truly,

Bro Al Ereve

P.S.

Incidentally, Totoy was lost and missing after a few months after Max left. He was left unattended while his leash was on, roaming around our street. Edith and France could not locate Totoy at the Dog Pound.